Hello and welcome to our newest venture, the You Link It, We Make It Link Party. This isn’t your average Recipe sharing link party – we’ve got a twist. Rather than us simply sharing our recipes with you, we’ll be making, and reviewing, our favorite recipes from those linked up each week! This week I made Baked Quesadilla Squares from FrugElegance for a quick dinner and they turned out to be a hit with everybody!
Here’s how it works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make – Baked Quesadilla Sqares by Carol and Randi at Frugelegance!
I’m not sure why I choose this dish, probably because I love Mexican food and was intrigued by the idea of baked Quesadillas. My whole family actually loves Mexican, so I was hoping this dish would be yummy and it was. And it was so easy to make!
I’m a fan of easy weeknight dinners that make leftovers. This time, however, I cut the recipe in half only because we were leaving the next morning to go out of town. It came together very quickly, which was nice since we were running around like crazy. That night before we left, we had softball practice, t-ball practice, and parent teacher conference and an eye dr. appointment. So, I needed something quick.
It came together fast – took me about 5 mins! I pulled it together earlier in the day, stuck it in the fridge and then had my husband throw it in the oven when he got home. The only change I made was I used pico de gallo instead of salsa. Only because we usually eat restaurant-style salsa and it seemed a little runny for a casserole.
The great thing about this recipe was that it reminded me of my grandma’s breakfast casserole she makes. Every time we have company I make that breakfast casserole and it’s a huge hit. The only problem is that I only make it when we have a bunch of people because it is not healthy. So yummy, but loaded with english muffins, butter, sausage, tons of cheese, eggs, and sour cream, so not the lightest. I was so pleasantly surprised that this recipe tasted very similar, but with way fewer calories. Score!
Another week another hit! So far I’m blown away by your recipes!
Stop by and see the full Baked Quesadilla recipe HERE.
Make sure to check out the Berry Pie Kim tried HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!