Hi and welcome back! I can’t believe the high quality recipes we have linked up! So many of them look so yummy and I’ve been filling up my Pinterest boards with lots of new stuff to try. I’m on a roll for trying new things and after my successful attempt at tempering chocolate for the first time last week, I decided to try something else I’ve never done – deep frying! For this week I made Beer Battered Cod curtesy of Don’t Sweat the Recipe!
Even though I grew up in Alabama, where we are known for deep frying, my parents really never deep fried at home. My dad used to tell a story, that my mom hated, about how she tried deep frying some chicken after they were married. According to the story, the outside was burnt and the inside was frozen and she never attempted it again. I’m sure my dad embellished a bit, there is a chance he does that, but in my moms defense there was no internet full of easy-to-follow recipes back in the day. This one spelled out the directions and they were so easy to follow that my beer battered cod turned out perfect! I’ll get into that in a minute, but first – the party!
Here’s how the party works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make – Beer Battered Cod by Don’t Sweat the Recipe!
This recipe is so easy to follow – I did pretty much exactly what she said to do, only changing a couple of minor things.
For my recipe I used Tony Chachere’s seasoning instead of the chipotle pepper spice. I was just a little worried it would be a little spicy for the kiddos, even though I would have loved it! Once it was ready to go, and the oil was the right temperature, I dropped the fish in. When they started to look golden around the edges (like below), I flipped them over.
I did have to keep an eye on the thermometer. It got way hot and I just turned it down to keep it around the correct temperature. I adjusted as needed and it worked out just fine.
It turned out so perfect. The flavors were so great and it was just the right amount of crispy and flaky, the way fish should be. I added some malt vinegar – yum yum!
Stop by and see the full Beer Battered Cod recipe HERE.
Make sure to check out the beautiful pineapple bars my co-host, Kim tried HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!