Hi and welcome back to You Link It, We Make It. This week I’m featuring a Blackened Salmon Salad by Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade! Karyl is actual my real life friend as well as my blogging buddy. I’m not playing favorites here, just thought this salad sounded amazing and it was!
I’ll get to the salad in a sec, but first – Let’s party!
Here’s how the party works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make Blackened Salmon BLT Salad from Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade!
For my features this week I picked those amazing looking peanut butter and jelly muffins from Table for Seven. When my kiddos were babies, and we lived in Richmond, we used to visit a baby gym that had the most amazing peanut butter and jelly muffins and so when I saw those, I thought they would be great for the next time we have people for breakfast. And that avocado and mushroom toast from Courtney’s Cookbook combines two of my favorites and I’ll be pinning that to make soon. But, I have a hard time resisting a BLT, especially when my days are filled dreaming of summer. There is something about a BLT that just reminds me of summer, so I decided to make and try out this awesome looking salad recipe.
I forgot to take pictures while I was cooking, but it came together pretty quickly. Because I was kind of rushed, and had some Old Bay blackening seasoning sitting around, I used that instead of Karyl’s recipe. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’d bet money Karyl’s is better and if you have the time, totally worth it, but for the sake of getting this post ready I took a shortcut.
The salad came together quickly and the roasted tomatoes were the perfect touch. I have to say, I also loved the diced red onions. I also cheated and bought some already cut :). I bought an avocado, but I got home and it was a mushy mess, so I left it off. I love avocados, so I was disappointed to not have that flavor. I’m sure it was amazing with them!
That’s it! A simple, easy little recipe chocked full of yummy, summery flavors. I think this recipe would be great with chicken also. Stop by and see the full Blackened Salmon BLT Salad recipe HERE.
Make sure to check out the Epic Pudding Cookies my co-host, Kim, made for her super-fun sounding tween’s birthday party HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!