Hi and welcome back! Another week of You Make It, We Make It and it’s another successful recipe to add to my growing collection! This week I made chicken taquitos from Unwed Housewife and they were a hit with the whole family. I love “having” to try new recipes, it is so fun to make stuff I normally might not try.
We love Mexican food. It’s always a hit with the kiddos, and adults. I guess this recipe is technically “Tex–Mex” but I’m still learning the difference. The recipe was easy to follow, I learned something new and was tasty. I’ll get to the chicken taquitos in a minute, but first – the party!
Here’s how the party works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make Chicken Taquitos by Unwed Housewife!
For this recipe, I followed it pretty close. The only change I made was, instead of cooking the chicken I used this pre-cooked stuff I found in the meat section. I chopped it up real small and used about a cup and a half of it.
I mixed it together with all the other ingredients…
Next time I make it, I’ll add a the whole packet of taco seasoning, I love that extra kick! After I got the filling mixed up, I tried her technique of wetting the corn tortillas, then cooking them before filling them and it worked so well! They didn’t crack and break like when I’ve normally tried to roll corn tortillas and I’m happy to have learned this new little trick. I couldn’t snap a pic, because I did have to work quick, but I was able to get 20 taquitos.
An easy weeknight dinner, that is going in the “to make again” file.
Stop by and see the full Chicken Taquito recipe HERE.
Make sure to check out the breakfast sliders my co-host, Kim tried HERE. She said you can even make them ahead of time and they apparently turned out great!
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!