Hi and welcome back! I can’t believe we are already on week seven of our new little party. We are having so much fun with it and we are so happy to have met and interacted with so many new bloggers!
This party was started as motivation for me to actually get out and start making some of the yummy recipes I pin and my hope is that it encourages you to make and do some of the projects and recipes you find! This week I picked to make Madelines from Kim at Baking for Blessings. I have to tell you guys, I was intimidated by this recipe, but I tried it and it was not hard at all! And they are so yummy! Citrus and chocolate go together so well. Because I could not find a madeline pan anywhere in time for this post, I made mine into Chocolate Lemon Cookies. So, not nearly as pretty but they are oh so yum!
Here’s how the party works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make – Chocolate Lemon Cookies by Kim at Baking for Blessings!
Like I mentioned before, I was a bit intimidated by the recipe and I almost didn’t try it. But, I did and it was actually pretty easy and I learned a couple of things! I heard this quote once about baking that said something about how you can’t improvise with baking like you can with other recipes. For some reason that always sticks with me and I like to stick right to the recipe the first time I try a new recipe. So, I followed the recipe almost to a tee.
I ran around town trying to find a madeline pan, but I live in a tiny town and had zero luck. Because we only have a couple of days to make the recipe, I couldn’t order one so I decided to give them a try as regular cookies. This was my only modification.
They didn’t take long to bake at all – about 8 min and they were perfect – moist on the inside and a light crisp on the outside. While they were cooking, I made the glaze – I love lemon glaze.
And as soon as they came out, and I could hold them, I dipped them in the glaze.
Ahh, so good! They really were great like this, but like I said before, I love a chocolate lemon combo. Kim also has a great tutorial on tempering the chocolate – something I never even knew was a thing – and I wanted to give it a shot.
I did pretty good for my first shot! The chocolate set up really nicely, and I am so happy to know this technique. I just want to get a good candy thermometer now!
These cookies were so yum – moist and cake-like and the perfect crisp outside and the chocolate lemon combination is amazing. But, that not the only reason you should head over and visit Kim. Her blog and mission story are amazing. Head over and read all about whats she’s doing and find some awesome recipes as well! So glad you linked up Kim!
Stop by and see the full Chocolate Lemon Cookie (Madeline) recipe HERE.
Make sure to check out the beautiful quiche my co-host, Kim tried HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!
Now lets party!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Can’t wait to see some of your yummy recipes! Make sure to try head over to Baking for Blessings to get the full Chocolate Lemon Cookies recipe! .