Hi and welcome back to You Link It, We Make It! I was traveling this week, so while at my parents home my mom and I decided on this Mushroom Tart from Cooking with Carlee. We couldn’t find the same kind of mushrooms Carlee used, but it was still great with the mixed mushroom mixture we ended up going with. I can only imagine how good it was with the chanterelle mushrooms!
I’ll get to the mushroom tart in a second, but first – Let’s party!
Here’s how the party works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make a Mushroom Tart from Cooking with Carlee!
So, like I said, I couldn’t find any chanterelle mushrooms. I was a little jealous of those gorgeous looking mushrooms Carlee’s father-in-law bought her. I still wanted to try it out, so I decided to give a go with a simple mushroom mix you can find at any grocery store. I figured if I had a hard time finding them, someone else might too.
So, since I was home, my mom and sister and I whipped this up. My sister went to culinary school, and it was nice having her around for the phyllo dough. I had never worked with it before, and it was a little tricky the first time, but worth it. The flaky pastry was so great. I laid the layers out and my sis brushed on the olive oil.
About halfway through the baking, I through a piece of aluminum foil over the top, very lightly covering the tart because it was starting to brown.
We all loved it and even the kiddos tried it and gave it a “thumbs up”.
So, another hit this week! Thanks so much for the recipe Carlee!
This week my co-host Kim made this fantastic looking gelato . Check it out HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Can’t wait to see some of your yummy recipes. Make sure to stop by and get the full Mushroom Tart recipe HERE.
Pin for later!