Hi and welcome back to You Link It, We Make It! If this is your first time here, this is the link party where each host makes and features a recipe from those linked up. We always pick three features each and make one of them, but this week we each made two, because why not?? I had a party to go to, so I needed a couple of things to take, so I made Cajun Shrimp Dip from Cooking with Carlee that was a big hit and a super delicious, yummy Orange Bunt Cake from Across the Boulevard.
Don’t worry I’ll get to the food, but first – Let’s party!
Here’s how the party works.
1. Link up your best recipes. Please link up your post that contains your recipe. We don’t want to send our readers to more than one click for the recipes. But we will be sending them to you!
2. Each of our hosts will pick one recipe to make, review and share.
3. In addition to our chosen recipe to make and review, we will also pick an additional two features. All picks will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles. As a feature, you will also be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board!
Each week we will each pick three features to share with you guys, and we will each make one. Here are our yummy picks this week.
Congrats and if you were featured, grab a button!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Feature-button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
Now, let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
April of Uncookie Cutter
I’m April, and I’m sharing my journey of fixing up our realtor described “uncookiecutter” house. I love to build furniture, crafts, home decor projects, recipes – really anything to do with the home. I love to try and recreate things in popular stores, with my own unique twist. Thanks for joining me on my journey!
This week I picked to make Orange Bunt Cake from Across the Boulevard and Cajun Shrimp Dip from Cooking with Carlee!
This past weekend I was going to a crawfish boil and I told the host I’d bring something sweet. My son is a citrus cake lover and I had just made his lemon un-birthday cupcakes for his school summer birthday celebration. You still with me here, haha? If I had not just made those cupcakes, I might have chosen this lemon layer cake from Our Table for Seven that was linked up. But, I decided to make the orange bunt cake to switch it up a little. I’ve got the lemon cake saved for his actual birthday, but I wanted to try my hand at a bunt cake. Can you believe this was my very first one?
Let me tell you guys, this cake was so easy and so amazing! Really, really great. It was even better a day after I made it. The orange glaze formed the perfect tiniest bit of crisp and the inside was super soft and fluffy and perfect. I can’t believe she made this up out of stuff in her pantry. It was my first bunt cake, but I’ll be making this one again for sure! Everyone devoured it.
I tried it with a little chocolate drizzle because I love chocolate and orange together, and it was great like that as well.
As if orange bunt cake wasn’t enough yumminess, I also spotted this spicy cajun dip from Cooking with Carlee and it sounded so perfect for a crawfish boil that I made it also!
It came together quick and the flavors were great. I put it together earlier in the day, and kept it in the fridge until about an hour before the party. I had to bake it a bit longer, since it had been chilled. I also broiled it for a few mins to make the cheese that perfect crispy almost-burnt yumminess.
It was perfect for the party – image artichoke spinach dip, but with cajun shrimp flavors instead. YUM!
Also, in a weirdo twist, my co-host Kim also made two. She was trying to decide and we talked and she just decided to go for it. She finished her ORC last week and gave her overhaul a whole new look and so I’m thinking she needed plenty of excuses to sit in there and eat :). Check out the Butterfinger Ice Cream Sugar Cookie Sandwiches and Asian Chicken Tacos she made HERE.
Now, your turn to share.
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link up to 3 of your favorite recipes. Please make sure your post has a recipe in it. We don’t want to send people all over the internet, but we will send them to you!
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or on your link party page.
Grab your button here!
<a href="https://www.uncookiecutter.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.uncookiecutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Party-Button.jpg" alt="UnCookieCutter" width="215" height="215" /></a>
- We will make one recipe from those linked up each week to make and feature, and will share our own personal pictures of our result.
- We will also pick two additional recipes each to feature.
- All six featured will be shared out through our social media accounts and all recipe owners will be invited to pin to our group Pinterest board. Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
- We will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Can’t wait to see some of your yummy recipes. Make sure to stop by and get the full recipes for all the features. Thanks for joining us!